Rather than try to give an extensive explanation of what the SOPA/PIPA bills are trying to do, let me just tell you that they’re bad. They’d spell the end of most social media sites. Then let me point you to a page which will bring you up to speed on this subject: American Censorship Day. Pay attention to what’s written there, and to the links they provide. It’s that important.
Go. Be the change.
- New Piracy Bill Could Lead to National Censorship Nightmare (abovethelaw.com)
- Stop SOPA: Join Us to Save the Internet (news.smugmug.com)
- Censorship in America: SOPA Opposition Growing (censorshipinamerica.com)
- SOPA and PIPA: A giant step in the wrong direction for the internet (foursquare.com)
- American Censorship Day (avc.com)
- Will Internet Censorship Bill Pass Today? (politics.ie)
- The First American Censorship System? (mg312.wordpress.com)
- American Censorship Day: Stop Protect-IP and SOPA (ryanmcintyre.com)
- American Censorship Day Is Today (11/16/11) The Future of the Internet Applies (myventurepad.com)
- American Censorship Day is this Wednesday – And You Can Join In! (eff.org)
- SOPA fight over ‘Internet censorship’ attacts Yahoo, Google (csmonitor.com)
- Tumblr on Internet Censorship Legislation (tumblr.com)